Here are some quick links to help you get certified.
- Restricted - Collection System Operator
- Restricted - Industrial Waste Inspector
- Restricted - Industrial Waste Operator
- Restricted - Plant Maintenance Technologist
Replacement or Duplicate Certificate (.pdf 19K)
Replacement or Duplicate Certificate (.doc 37K)
- Restricted - Wastewater Quality Analyst
“Incomplete applications awaiting additional information and/or documentation will be forfeited after 90 days, upon which the candidate will need to submit a new application and fee”.
UPGRADE FORMS AS OF MAY 16, 2020Read more ...
Continuing Education Approval Application
Continuing Education Approval Application
complete Application, send sample certificate and course approval application list calculated to show total hours that you are requesting approval for.
- Application for Approval of Course of Training for Continuing Ed. (.pdf 18K)
- Application for Approval of Course of Training for Continuing Ed. (.doc 36K)
- Sample Class Certificate
- Course Approval Application List - Calculated
- Wastewater Course Approval – Submittal requirements for Trainers
ONCE A COURSE IS ACCEPTED, COURSE APPROVAL IS VALID FOR 3 YEARS FROM THE DATE OF APPROVAL.
IF AVAILABLE PLEASE SEND SIGN IN PAGE FOR CLASS TO CERTIFICATION@NVWEA.ORGRead more ...
NWEA Award Applications
- Collection System Operator of the Year Application (.pdf)
- Industrial Waste Inspector of the Year Application (.pdf)
- Operator of the Year Application (.pdf)
- Plant Maintenance Technologist of the Year (.pdf)
- Rookie of the Year Application (.pdf)
- Wastewater Quality Analyst of the Year (.pdf)
Congratulations to the following wastewater professionals for passing their Wastewater Treatment exams June of 2020.
NEVADA WASTEWATER TREATMENT
NEVADA PLANT MAINTENANCE
NEVADA WASTEWATER QUALITY ANALYST
Read more ...
NON REGULATORY PROGRAM FEES
(Collection System Operators, Industrial Waste Inspectors, Industrial Waste Operators, Wastewater Quality Analysts & Plant Maintenance Technologists): Make the checks payable to NWEA. Mail checks, correspondence, applications and renewals to the Certification Board, PO Box 98235, Las Vegas, NV 89193.
(Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators): Make the checks payable to NDEP. Mail checks, correspondence, applications, and renewals to the Wastewater Operator Certification Program, Bureau of Water Pollution Control, Nevada Division of Environmental Protection, 901 S. Stewart Street, Suite 4001, Carson City, NV 89701.
Wastewater fee: $110.00
Non Regulatory fee: $130.00 as of May 16, 2020
Wastewater fee: $140.00
Wastewater fee: $150.00
Non Regulatory fee: $250.00 as of May 16, 2020
Non Regulator fee: $150.00
Wastewater fee: $70.00
Non Regulatory fee: $80.00 as of May 16, 2020
Wastewater fee: $25.00
Non Regulatory fee: $25.00
Drinking Water Operator Certification
NEVADA PUBLIC WATER SYSTEM - OPERATOR CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
Click here for Nevada Drinking Water Certification Program WebsiteRead more ...
Location: Las Vegas - Elko - Ely - Reno
Location: Las Vegas - Tri-State Conference * South Point Hotel & Casino
Location: Elko - Ely - Reno
Read more ...
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If an examinee takes and passes a grade I exam but does not meet all of the education and/or experience.
Once the Restricted Operator meets the requirements an upgrade form must be completed and signed by their supervisor. What is an Operator-In-Training Certificate?
If an examinee takes and passes a grade I exam but does not meet all of the experience and education requirements they will receive an operator-in-training certification. To be eligible to receive a grade I certification the applicant must:
Take and pass the grade I certification exam
Have 1 year of full time experience
Submit documentation of 60 hours of related training
Submit a copy of their high school diploma/equivalent
Once the operator-in-training meets the requirements an upgrade form must be completed and signed by their supervisor. In addition to the upgrade form, the required education documentation must be submitted.Does Nevada accept reciprocity?
Reciprocity will be considered from applicants holding valid certificates from all certification programs in the United States and Canada. The applicant must meet all current education and experience requirements. Upon approval of the applicant’s qualifications, reciprocity will granted one grade lower than the equivalent grade currently held by the applicant, with the exception that if an applicant currently holds the equivalent of a grade one certification that reciprocity will be granted at grade one. *exceptions if you have received the ABC 2017 Standardized exam or greater, then you may be granted reciprocity without going one grade lower. *
The applicant must meet all current education and experience requirements.
Certificates issued by reciprocity will be designated as such.
Applicants who are granted reciprocity one grade lower than they currently hold may obtain certification at the equivalent grade by applying for and passing the certification exam at that grade.How do I apply to take a computerized exam?
When applying to take a exam there is a section to mark to take the computer,once your exam applications have been reviewed and approved you will receive an exam approval letter.
The exam approval letter will provide:
The contact information for the testing service AMP.
Your identification number.
Instructions for applying to take the exam.
You will be assigned a 90 day range of dates. You can schedule your exam any time during the 90 day period. Please note that when you contact AMP to schedule your exam you will be asked to pay and additional fee directly to them with a credit card. *This fee covers AMP’s administration costs*Are you a veteran?
If you have served in the military in any of the MOS’ listed in the US EPA From M.O.S. to J-O-B: A Guide for Applying Military Occupational Specialties (M.O.S) to Civilian Drinking Water and Wastewater Operations you may be eligible to receive additional experience toward your certification.
If your MOS was a US Navy Rating: Utilitiesman (UT) or US Air Force Specialty Code: 3E4X1 – Water And Fuel Systems Maintenance you may be eligible to receive full credit for the duties that you performed.
This is currently limited to Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator, Collection System Operator and Plant Maintenance Technologist certifications.
Veteran Exam Reimbursement
The Nevada Water Environment Association has been approved through the LACAS program. Qualifying veterans can now have their certification exam application fees reimbursed by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
If you are a veteran who has taken a certification examination any time after 8/20/13 you may be eligible to have your certification fee reimbursed by the Deparment of Veterans Affairs. Here is the application to request reimbursement:
Application for LC Reimbursement
The completed applications need to be mailed to the Western Region address located on the second page.Application for LC ReimbursementThe completed applications need to be mailed to the Western Region address located on the second page.
How many CEU's do I need to renew my certification?
• Grade I – 5 contact hours (0.5 CEU)
• Grade II – 10 contact hours (1.0 CEU)
• Grade III – 15 contact hours (1.5 CEU)
• Grade IV/V – 20 contact hours (2.0 CEU)
• Grade II – 120 hours
• Grade III – 120 hours and two postsecondary courses
• Grade IV – 120 hours and four postsecondary coursesWhat are the Plant Classifications?
The NAC plant classification table was revised as part of the regulation change. The updated table more accurately reflects relevant treatment technology for each operator certification grade, and is less reflective of flow. The majority of facilities in the state will maintain their existing plant classification.
Operators seeking certification are required to meet specific minimum experience requirements for each grade level. The experience must be relevant, as determined by the Certification Board. Operators can no longer obtain certification at grade levels higher than the classification of the plant where they are employed.
• Grade II – Grade I certification and 2 years of operating experience, with at least 1 year at a Class II (or higher) facility
• Grade III – Grade II certification and 3 years of operating experience, with at least 1 year at a Class III (or higher) facility
• Grade IV – Grade III certification and 4 years of operating experience, with at least 1 year at a Class IV (or higher) facility
Policy & Procedures
Below you will find a link to the most recent Nevada Board of Certification for Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators Policy & Procedures Manual. In it you will read about some of these important policies:
• Certification - Restricted
• Disciplinary Action and Enforcement
• Examination Administration – ADA Compliance
• Examination Proctoring Agreement
• Examination Proctoring Policy
• Information Requests
• Instructions for Administering ABC Examinations
• Nevada Administrative Code – Regulatory Program
• Non-Regulatory Programs New Requirements Implementation
• Payment Processing
• Professional Code of Conduct
• Renewals – Continuing Education Requirements
• Renewals – General Requirements
• Testing Eligibility – Education
• Testing Eligibility – Experience
• Testing Eligibility – Military Experience
• Testing Eligibility – Multiple Discipline Experience
• Testing – Computerized Exams
• Testing – Repeat Exam Failure
• Testing – Written Exams
• 2018 NAC New Requirements Implementation
If you are applying for certification or reciprocity in Nevada, you must meet all of Nevada’s eligibility requirements for the level of certification you are seeking.
Except as otherwise noted, the policies & procedures contained herein apply to all certification disciplines administered by the Nevada Water Environment Association.
Policy and Procedures is currently not available as we are updating to meet the new regulations until then please see: Interim Certification Policy for NAC Revision ImplementationRead more ...
- Collection System Operator Rules (.pdf 124K)
- Industrial Waste Inspector Rules (.pdf 123K)
- Industrial Waste Operator Rules (.pdf 128K)
- Plant Maintenance Technologist Rules (.pdf 124K)
- Wastewater Quality Analyst Rules (.pdf 129K)
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Rules (.pdf 145K)
all Rules are being updated, for more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgRead more ...